Sarah has worked for Croydon Council for 22 years in a variety of roles including finance, audit procurement, strategy, policy and performance. She is CIPFA qualified
Sarah took up her current role of Director of Strategy, Communities and Commissioning (SCC) three years ago. Her huge expertise and experience has held her in good stead for this role where Sarah leads on:
- Strategic Commissioning and & Contract Management
- Strategy & policy development
- Developing Community engagement and a thriving Voluntary Sector
- Supporting the Local Strategic Partnership
- Embedding equalities & inclusion
- Providing the Council with procurement support services
- Maintaining the performance management framework
- Acting as deputy returning officer for all elections.
Key achievements have included:
- Developing a new Commissioning Framework that incorporates
social value and builds upon community empowerment
- Developing the approach to equalities and inclusion
- Commercialising the Council approach to contract management.
NPC Ignites conference session:
D1: New bedfellows: Charities + commissioners
As the state’s role changes radically, both commissioners and charities are having to re-evaluate how they achieve change. Join our discussion on whether competition has had its day, what role charities can play in public sector markets, and how commissioners and charities can work better together to ensure the maximum impact is delivered for, and with, communities.